ANTI-DECAY FLOURIDE APPLICATION
Fluoride is considered to be one of the best elements that help in attaining strong and healthy teeth. But the fluoride must be present in an appropriate amount. Less fluoride will result in weak teeth, and the teeth will be easily exposed to the cavity. More fluoride may result in chalky white spots or brown spots on the teeth.
Application of fluoride on teeth:
The right amount of fluoride is applied to the tooth (or teeth) or make it healthy and immune from cavities. Toothpaste and mouthwash with fluoride in it, help in the application. Fluorides are also available in the form of gels, varnishes, and solutions. Dentists use this and apply a thin layer to prevent any damage to the tooth (or teeth).
When does a child require an anti-fluoride decay application?
1. Physically challenged children.
2. Kids who are on saliva reduction therapy.
3. Children who are experiencing early childhood caries.
How can fluoride prevent cavities?
Anti-decay fluoride application is one of the best ways to prevent cavities and tooth decay. It is one of the best and effective medications to prevent decay. Fluoride is known to:
1. Reduce the effect of acid attack on the tooth, caused by bacteria.
2. When a kid eats healthy and maintains good oral hygiene, the addition of fluoride will help in preventing tooth decay. Make sure to give your child effective brushing tips for children, so that they can maintain good oral health.